This Wiki is currently undergoing a restructuring, please be patient while we iron out the kinks.
The IU Digital Library Infrastructure Project
The goal of the Infrastructure Project is to simplify and centralize the basic activities of the DLP, with a focus on the activities of collection creation and collection maintenance.
We are currently starting to plan the Infrastructure Project Schedule.
It is useful to have an understanding of the existing DLP Collections.
The major areas of concern for the Infrastructure Project are:
- The central Digital Repository Architecture
- Delivery systems
- Presentation systems
- Media and Metadata Validation
- Ingestion systems
- Cataloging systems
- Documentary Photograph Collections
- Artistic Image Collections
- Multi-page/Text document collections
- Storage in HPSS
- Surrounding technologies.
We may also expand the project to include:
- Finding aids
- Web sites