This page holds general requirements that affect delivery systems for all types of collections. Specific types of collections (like art images) may have more requirements.
- [Want] Objects are always referenced by PURLs.
- [Must] All objects are "Googleable". That is, objects are always referenced by URLs that
are simple enough to be indexed by Googlebot. [Want] These URLs are PURLs.
- [Must] Collections are available through an OAI provider.
- [Want] Collections are accessible to the RLG Cultural Materials Initiative, DLF Aquifer,
and other large-scale federated systems.
- [Must] All existing PURLs continue to work.
- [Want] There is a shopping cart and/or bookmarking system that allows users to
return to selected items at a later time.
- [Want] Reproductions of selected items may be purchased.
- [Must] Tools for delivery are shared across collections as much as
possible, while allowing for arbitrary customization of the interface.