These are my (bdwheele) brainstorming notes for the VM image...I'm still testing this.
- 1 Core
- 3G RAM
- 500G System Disk
- Using VirtualBox as host
Base OS Install
- Centos 6.4 x86-64
- English language and keyboard
- hostname: localhost
- if it is localhost it should set it to the dhcp hostname provided.
- active on boot
- ipv4 dhcp, dchp client id = avalon-vm
- set timezone to america/indiana/indianapolis, clock uses utc
- root password is 'changeme'
- replace existing linux system(s), default partitioning
- desktop install
- yum update after install.
Avalon Install / Testing
VM Image Prep
- Install avalon-vm-1.0-1.noarch.rpm to install the firstboot changes and tools
- run /usr/share/avalon/dist-prep
- shutdown VM
- Export Appliance
- Use a 0.9 version and a MANIFEST for compatibility
- copy the .ova file to the distribution point