These are my (bdwheele) brainstorming notes for the VM image...I'm still testing this.
- Using VirtualBox:
- 1 Core
- 3G RAM
- 500G System Disk (VMDK, Dynamically Allocated)
- Set network to "Attached to Bridged Adapter"
Base OS Install
- Centos 6.4 x86-64
- English language and keyboard
- hostname: localhost.localdomain (the default)
- if it is localhost it should set it to the dhcp hostname provided.
- Clear "Device MAC address"
- Connect automatically
- IPv4 Settings
- Automatic (DHCP)
- DHCP client ID: avalon-vm
- set timezone to america/indiana/indianapolis, clock uses utc
- root password is 'changeme'
- custom layout
- /dev/sda1: 500M ext4 mounted as /boot
- /dev/sda2: (remainder of disk) Physical volume
- Volume Group: vg_avalon
- PVs: /dev/sda2
- LV lv_swap 2G
- LV lv_root (remainder of disk) ext4 mounted as /
- Desktop install
- yum update after install.
VM Image Prep
- Install avalon-vm-1.0-1.noarch.rpm to install the firstboot changes and tools
- run /usr/share/avalon/dist-prep
- shutdown VM
- Export Appliance
- Use a 0.9 version and a MANIFEST for compatibility
- copy the .ova file to the distribution point