Below is a quick sketch of how we see the development of the web site for the History of the IU Libraries Digital Archive shaping up. From these notes, we will transition into a more formal project plan and project timeline. These notes are inspired by: discussions we have had about our own web site and inspirational web sites, and the user stories collected thus far.
Other Omeka examples include:
- Most if not all content (metadata + object) will be stored in our digital repository via existing Libraries' services like Image Collections Online, Books/Serials, etc.
- We will likely not publish the finding aid via Archives Online since it's an artificial collection. This is actually good since we can replicate how scholars would manage a collection of stuff not affiliated with an institution.
- We will use a UITS WebServe account for the development of our digital archive web site. We may also publish the web site from that same WebServe account.
- We will use Omeka as our web publishing system and leverage Omeka plugins to help us develop other desired functionality.
Web Site Content
- Books or Long-form pieces (i.e., dissertation, the typed history of the IU Libraries book)
- Our own contributions
- Accomplishments by Administration
- Interactive Maps
- Quiz (to mirror orientation quiz)
- New IU Libraries staff hires
- Scholars interested in the History of Indiana University
- IUB Libraries faculty and staff