Notes on the progress of the Hydra 7 + Blacklight 5 + Boostrap 3 + Rails 4 Upgrade
Currently all tests pass with all components upgraded. Tests were made to pass and some of the changes required to make tests pass still need to be reflected upon. A probably incomplete list appears below.
Still left to be done:
- Run through the non-automated tests
- Examine Blacklight and remove unneccessary overrides
- Any more changes to handle cascading validations in has_many associations
- Think about or disable turbolinks
- Choose a ruby: 2.0, 2.1, other?
- Figure out how to deal with secret keys to avoid committing them and making sure they exist (puppet/test machines)
- Fix routing issues (about pages, etc)
- Sign_out route can't be found.
- Navbar missing.
- Dropbox modal not visible
UI upgrade progress
- So far it seems that upgrading our interface to use Bootstrap 3 means replacing all of the span# classes with col-md-# or col-sm-#. This will give us greater control over how the elements on the page react to being sized differently. Here is an chart of the screen sizes and prefixes: http://getbootstrap.com/css/#grid-options.