For any a new collection in the repository, the following must happen:
- Get media files
- If we're producing files, make sure the digitizer's schedule fits with the rest of the project.
- If we're acquiring files, make sure they meet our standards, including quality level and file naming conventions.
- Get metadata
- Determine appropriate metadata formats.
- If we're transforming existing metadata, make sure there is a plan for either re-running the transform or manually updating the data when something changes.
- If we're creating our own metadata, make sure the cataloging tools are adequate for this collection.
- Manually create a collection object
- Configure ingest tool
- Once items are ingested, update search index
- Delivery site
- Basic style defined
- Searching functionality
- Any special delivery features?
- Configure purlResolver
- Check preservation needs
Ingest Source File Requirements