General background information:
Infrastructure process overview
- All objects go through the Ingest Tool Workflow.
- Most content is ingested through a variant of the Object Ingest Tool, although the old Ingest Tool is still useful for some content.
- After data is ingested, it must be indexed for searching.
- Eventually, a Validation System will ensure that data entering the repository is consistent.
- Cataloging is currently performed outside the repository on a per-collection basis.
- A new Image Cataloging Application is under development.
Discovery and access
Basic object access:
Most objects in the repository can be rendered in an appropriate web application. Depending on the type of content, this may be: